Sunday, September 5, 2010

Alaska State Fair

We had a great time at the fair this year. I went on 'Kids' Day with Brian and all the kids. It was a ton of fun. First, we went to the kids' games competition. Then a quick run through the craft exhibits. Then off to the midway. The kids rode a ton of rides and played some games. Brian bought them all cotton candy. It's all about the food with that man! He bought corn dogs, crab cakes, shrimp, buffalo burgers, Denali cream puffs, lots of good stuff. We stayed for the closing fireworks. The best firework show I've seen. They were right in your face. It's going to be a yearly tradition for sure.
Once we got home, I realized that I didn't get any pics of the kids with their projects. That meant another trip to the fair. This time it was just me and the kids (minus Hart) I got a ton of pics but, should've taken more. We went through ALL the exhibit buildings this time. Seward Sealife Center, 4H, crafts, flowers, animals, vegetables, and Raven's Hall. I got paint cleaned off my shoes, got lotion massaged into my hands, had a fresh fruit/veggie smoothie made in a vita-mix machine (I want one). We tried all the bizarre foods chocolate covered bacon, deep fried Cajun pickles, elephant ears. I didn't learn til I got home there was something called a donut burger there. It's a yeast donut with a hamburger, fried egg, and cheese on it. Next time perhaps...
I'm hoping to go one more time just me and Hart. I hear there's good sales on the last day. I'd love to get a good deal on a vita-mix!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. Glad that you have been able to go a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete