Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hart's 19th

Hart's 19th.  Not a lot of hoopla... not really any hoopla.  Not even a homemade cake.  This was the first time I ever got a store bought cake.  It was really, really good though.  I used to go all out on birthdays.  In my defense, back in Indiana when the girls were little, it was easy to fill the house with family and friends.  Up here, not so much.  Personally, I like the solitude but, it does make it harder to throw a party.  I'll have to be more creative next year.  I still managed to make Hart's favorite meal- escarole soup.  I just realized I didn't get any pics of Hart opening gifts. What was I thinking???  Oh well, didn't really get her anything exciting.  She's a hard person to shop for.  She's very practical.  She's somewhat of a minimalist but, still manages to be a bit of a slob ;)  She takes after her dad that way. haha

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! So glad that you had a nice birthday for her. Wish we were there to celebrate with you guys. I can't believe she is 19. Wow, where did the time go? Hart, you are so pretty. Sending my (late) birthday wishes to you. Your gift is in (not really yet, but will be) the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it was a nice birthday for her. It was pretty low-key. I had a nice time though. Hart's good company! I mean companion wise- NOT house guest wise!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear god Mom. This picture is horrible! It's my Mel Gibson eyed smile! I still go on about my new toothbrush. It cracks Ian up every morning. Forget having people over! I don't need that! Thanks for the awesome swag again and holy crap amazing soup. I think swag means things. I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, this picture is NOT horrible!! They're not exactly your M.G. eyes. It's more of your 'hurry and take yet another picture, Mom' look. I'm glad you like your toothbrush. I know what 'somebody's' getting for Christmas. haha You always did love soup. You've always chosen soup as your bday dinner. It looks like escarole has replaced meatball soup. Either that or your trying to take it easy on me. You know how much easier it is to make. :)

    ReplyDelete